Saturday, January 22, 2011

This Was My Yesterday


Today was just an ordinary day. Yeah, my son had school called off but he went to his buddy's house to spend the night. I played with my 2yr old and held my happy baby boy (however happy, he is a lot of work). I thought by now I would be better trained to be at home. I go in kicks.... I will have an awesome meal ready for my husband when he gets home, the dishes done, kids ready for baths, house cleaned etc.. Then there is the kick I am just now getting out of... messy house, dishes not done until morning, dinner? forget about it! I just have hubs pick something up for us or throw a pizza in the oven. Oh and he can do the baths too. Is this normal? Or can I not be domesticated? Okay maybe I am exaggerating just a tad but I think I get my point across.  I often feel bad when in the ladder of the two scenario because I just get sick of the same ole same ole routine... day in day out blah blah blah! I dont mean taking care of and playing with my boys. I mean mostly the cooking and cleaning part! I bust my ass all day to pick up after 3 tornadoes and the house still is not as I would like it. Then after all that I get to cook, get full, and feel lazy just in time to clean that up too! And cooking is something I used to enjoy (and still do at the right circumstances ie husband home to watch boys). Any one who says being an at home mother is sooo easy..... KISS MY BOOTY! It is the most challenging of all jobs I have had. But then at the end of the day when the kids are in bed and you have time to reflect on the day I realize it is the BEST of all jobs too! At that time I am proud of what I do. I absolutely LOVE my family! And guess what? My just turned 2 yr old already knows his shapes, colors, #'s and letters and all body parts. How cool it that? And I taught him that! :) That is much better than a paycheck in my opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment