Saturday, December 25, 2010

Today Is A Beautiful Day



Here I am at home with my beautiful toddler and amazing baby! At first I was depressed because it is just the two of them and me today (my older son went to his grandparents and my husband went to work). I am here thinking it is just like any other day. Which in a way it is but really it is not. It is Christmas Day and I am blessed to spend it with two of my most precious gifts that any one could ever ask for. Today has been great! The three of us took "a long winters nap", much needed nap that is. We had a LOT happen yesterday and it is actually very nice to have a break in between celebrations. Tomorrow is the big celebration with my husbands side of the family. I love how close and strong this family is. I am proud and fortunate to have married into a family that is unbreakable. 

I have a tenancy to get "gushy" sometimes and this is one of those times. I often wonder about my friends and acquaintances who choose not to get married or not to have children..... Why? How do you look at the world? I am too polite to ask anyone to their face because it may be reasons that are too personal. I look at it like this... YES it is hard a lot of times and YES it is true I don't get to (nor do I want to) party all of the time and YES it is even true that I sacrifice things I want really bad for my family. But to me, I am growing a support system, best friends, maybe even the next president?, and when I am old I will have my family to take care of us as we (my husband and me) have taken care of them and basically following the circle of life. I feel like I totally "get it". I get what life is all about and found the meaning of it through my family. That is why today, even though seemingly to be much like any other day is one fabulous Christmas Day for us! MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

1 comment:

  1. I hope no one thinks I am insulting you if you are not married with a family. I AM NOT! The world NEEDS many types! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete