Thursday, December 9, 2010

So What? My House Is Messy!


I have been running myself ragged to keep the toys picked up, the counter clear, floor swept, dishes done laundry finished and dinner done! Even with my greatest attempt I cannot seem to keep up with it all. Extremely frustrating! I am sure this is a common story as I have found that there is not enough time in the day. I have been putting everyone to bed..... my babies are night owls, up until midnight.... and cleaning the house then. To wake up in the morning to find in just an hour or two it is messy again!  And my oldest son, I think he likes mess because his room is a DISASTER which he refuses to clean up. When I was working I did not have this problem (as much) because the kids were at the sitters. Worked long hours like my husband so we would pick up dinner, do baths, homework and bed not to mention it we didn't have the baby! Exactly what is it that all of you super moms/dads do? How the bloody hell do you keep up with it all?

I may be a little wound up because I do not like being at home all day staring at a mess. It makes me feel good to have a sparkling clean home. However, I know that I have an infant who is only 10wks old and an almost 2yr old (Jan 9 will be 2). Life over the next few months will be hectic but rewarding too..... if I dont let the little things like the toys on the floor and some extra crap on the counter get in the way of our happiness. I realize I cannot allow my effort to keep everything spic and span get in the way of playing, teaching, loving, and nurturing my beautiful boys. The time will come sooner than I probably want to have nothing to do but clean the house so, today I choose my boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment